For this assignment, students will write an analytical essay based on “Hills like white elephants” by Ernest Hemingway. The story can be found at this site: Link (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
The purpose of an analytical essay is to deconstruct a story based on the literary elements it contains.These literary elements include plot, character, setting, point of view, language, tone, and style, symbolism, and theme.
Each body paragraph should explore one of the elements of literature, using the specific and technical terms explained within the lectures.
This essay should:
· Explore, in detail, each literary element within the short story you have selected.
· Support the analysis with evidence from the text.
· Be 1000 words long.
· Have an integrated, direct quote from the text support the thesis in each of the body paragraphs.
· Be written using APA formatting guidelines.
· Use APA guidelines for citation, both in-text and on a References page.
· Avoid using 1st- or 2nd-person references (focus on objective 3rd-person references instead).
· Be submitted as a MS Word .docx file.