To simplify completing this milestone, utilize this template to help you write your essay. You may use each heading as a starter sentence and then discuss the legal issues presented in the fact pattern, using the following terms. Be sure to explain and elaborate how each term applies to the story. Be sure to incorporate the facts of the case into your explanation and analysis.
Remember that the document you submit should follow the formatting guidelines described in the Milestone One Guidelines and Rubric document.
A. The appropriate court for this lawsuit depends upon several factors. Three important considerations include the following:
1. Personal jurisdiction. Define personal jurisdiction and explain how it applies to the facts of this case.
2. Subject matter jurisdiction. Define subject matter jurisdiction and explain how it applies to the facts of this case.
3. Minimum contacts. Define minimum contacts and explain how it applies to the facts of case.
B. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) may be an option to resolve this dispute.
1. Define ADR.
C. Language on the Funny Face website appears to limit any claim filed to arbitration as a means of resolving the dispute.
1. Explain the pros and cons of arbitration for at least two parties to the case.
2. Explain mediation and whether it has any benefits in this case.
D., E., and F. Chris, Matt and Ian could be subject to corporate criminal liability. The primary crime that exists in this case is that of fraud.
1. Define fraud and why or why not one or more parties might be held responsible for this crime.
2. Can you identify any other defendants and/or possible crimes in the story? Elaborate and explain.
G. The ethical process of decision-making involves consideration of three key elements.
1. Identify the elements and discuss how they apply to some of the facts of this case.