Enter Department Here
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet
Department / Function / Process Operational & Financial Impacts
|Timing / Duration||Operation Impacts||Financial Impact|
|Considerations (customize for your business)|
|Timing: Identify point in time when interruption would have greater impact (e.g., season, end of month/quarter, etc.)||Operational Impacts||Financial Impact|
|Duration: Identify the duration of the interruption or point in time when the operational and or financial impact(s) will occur.
• < 1 hour
· >1 hr. < 8 hours
· > 8 hrs. <24 hours
· > 24 hrs. < 72 hrs.
· > 72 hrs.
· > 1 week
· > 1 month
|· Lost sales and income
· Negative cash flow resulting from delayed sales or income
· Increased expenses (e.g., overtime labor, outsourcing, expediting costs, etc.)
· Regulatory fines
· Contractual penalties or loss of contractual bonuses
· Customer dissatisfaction or defection
· Delay executing business plan or strategic initiative
|Quantify operational impacts in financial terms.|