Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 4 through 6 from the Wager, Lee, & Glaser (2017) text and the articles by Magaw (2013) and McCann (2012). In addition, review the System Usability Scale (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (SUS) website and watch two of the cases (videos) from the AHRQ Health IT Success Stories before you complete this assignment (these cases will be revisited in Week 4).
One of the ways that we gain information in life is to learn from other’s experiences. The link below provides access to AHRQ Health IT Success videos, they will help to guide your thinking as you analyze your case. Use the information to compare, contrast, or highlight your Week 1’s case choice. You will note that each case is centered on how health care IT impacts patient care or outcome. Click here to access the AHRQ Health IT Success Stories (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. playlist. You can view the videos all at once in the playlist, but if you are citing one in your assignment, make sure to use the individual video reference entry provided in this week’s Required Resources section.
In your paper, after you review your selected videos above, reflect on your Week 1 assignment and address the following:
· Assess the part the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) plays in health care information systems acquisition.
· Provide alternatives to alleviate major concerns.
· Analyze whether value was added through acquisition to your proposed health care information system.
· Analyze the principles of SDLC (a decision-making model) as is applicable to your health care IT systems acquisition.
· Assess the System Usability Scale (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (SUS) and the user experience.
· Evaluate the essential components of the project life cycle.
· Examine the benefit(s) and economic impact of your proposed system acquisition.
· Describe whether the quality implementation/acquisition impacts your chosen topic for your proposal and final presentation. This response needs to be one paragraph in length.
The Case Analysis: Systems Acquisition paper
· Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use at least three scholarly sources or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.