Topic: The effect of positive school climate on discipline
Later in this course, you will use your research questions to write your Final Paper.
Use good qualitative wording for your qualitative research question.
· Begin with words such as “how” or “what.”
· Tell the reader what you are attempting to “discover,” “generate,” “explore,” “identify,” or “describe.”
· Ask “what happened?” to help craft your description.
· Ask “what was the meaning to people of what happened?” to understand your results.
· Ask “what happened over time?” to explore the process.
Use good quantitative wording for your quantitative research question.
Below are 3 different types of quantitative questions.
· Does the ________________ (change) in _________________ (independent variable) produce change (increase, decrease, not affect) the _______________ (a dependent variable)?
· For example: “Does reading the Research Question Instructions (increase) the average research paper grades in a class?”
· How often do ________________ (participants) do ________________ (variable being studied) at ________________ (research site)?
· For example: “How often do college students need to use the bathroom during a test as compared to during a normal class?”
· Does ________________ (cause variable) lead to/create _____________ (outcome variable) in ________________ (setting)?
· For example: “Does the color of a person’s hair lead to higher grades in school?”
Page 1 of 2