· Answer the following questions in a 100- to 150 word response:
· Describe the role of policing in relationship to juvenile justice.
· Discuss the different discretionary actions police officers may take in relation to juveniles they encounter.
· Describe the effects of gangs on juveniles.
· Compare community policing strategies regarding law enforcement’s role in relation to juveniles.
· What are juvenile probation camps? What is meant by intensive aftercare? Are such alternative sanctions effective at reducing recidivism? Why or why not?
· Summarize the history of police–juvenile relationships.
· Summarize juveniles’ attitudes toward the police.
· Describe police discretion and the factors that influence discretion.
· Summarize how police process juveniles.
· Describe how police agencies are structured to deal with juvenile crime.
· Summarize developing trends in how police deal with juveniles.
· Outline the development of gangs in the United States.
· Describe the types and activities of gangs.
· Summarize efforts to prevent and control gangs