Reflect on a visit to a healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, etc.) or hospital that you or a family member had recently. Then address the items below.
· Briefly describe the visit.
· Note: There is no need to identify the illness or injury specifically, therefore confidential information is protected.
· What kinds of staff/personnel did you encounter?
· Explain several types of information or data that you believe were documented in the medical record during that visit.
· Identify the kinds of data Entities that were related to the visit.
· Remember that an Entity is a person, place, thing, or event about which we must maintain data in the record.
· During the visit to the healthcare provider/hospital, could you tell whether an electronic healthcare record (EHR) was being used, and if so, what made you aware of that?