Every group member is expected to contribute equally to researching the topic, creating the PP slides and presenting the findings.
1. PREPARING THE PP slides
• 90% of the content needs to be visual material based on pictures, charts, diagrams. Headings and lists acceptable but no sentences or paragraphs. Every time you can replace words with pictures try to do it.
Layout of the presentation:
• First PP slide: Class name, group number and names of each group member.
• Second PP slide: Name of the financial services industry assigned
• Subsequent PP slides: See content requirements below. Each topic should be spread out over one or more slides. Please do not crowd too many items on one slide as it will be difficult for your audience to follow.
Important: The information below needs to be based on Canadian job markets. Please do not use US (or other country’s) data.
1. Key financial services offered in your industry (list 3-5)
2. Typical job titles in your industry (list 3-5)
3. Select one job from #2 and describe it in detail by following the points below:
i. Education and training (e.g. post-secondary education, professionals designations, other training, etc
ii. Required Skills (e.g: analytical, communication, etc)
iii. Average compensation (e.g. fixed salary, commission, etc)
iv. Typical employers (types of financial institutions hiring these professionals)
v. Common job responsibilities/duties (list 5 key ones)
vi. Linkedin Profile of a Canadian professional employed in the job your described above (give us a visual tour of his/her profile)
4. A 2-3 minute video related to the career researched
5. Last PP slide: Bibliography list with a minimum of 5 different sources
2. SUBMITTING THE PP SLIDES
• Each group needs to submit its PP slides by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, July11 at 8:30
am. The deadline applies to all groups, regardless of the presentation date.
• The presentation has to be attached to the email as a Power Point document. Do not send other
formats (pdfs, etc) and do not send links to google docs or other sites. Send the actual PP file
• The PP file needs to be saved using the following format: “Group #, Finance presentation”
• The Subject of the email should read ” Finance Presentation”
• Please follow all submitting instructions above. Grade points will be deducted for late or
3. PRESENTING THE PP SLIDES
• The presentation part should be split equally among team members. If a student misses the class,
the other team members need to be able to cover his/her part.
• Required presentation length: 9-10 minutes. Grade points will be deducted for presentations
significantly shorter or longer.
• Missing the presentation (without proof of emergency) will result in the loss of half of the
assignment points for the individual member.
4. GRADING THE PRESENTATION
• The presentation will be graded out of 5 points. Each group and individual student can score 5 out
of 5 if all of the requirements above are met. One or more points will be deducted for incomplete