Guidelines for Monthly Expenditure Report
1. Download Monthly Expenditure Report file, located in the DropBox in d2l.
2. Record expenditures under the appropriate headings (see chart below for examples of categories). You may add or delete headings as necessary—make this as useful and realistic to you as possible.
3. Total all columns at the end of the month and place totals in the appropriate row within the spreadsheet.
4. Add all of the expenditures for the month and place total in the appropriate row within the spreadsheet.
5. Calculate percent of total spent for each of the categories and place within the appropriate row within the spreadsheet (Blue row) Note: This is a basic division calculation using the total for each heading and the total amount of money you spent for the month. I will NOT answer questions to the effect of “How do I get the % of total spent”? You should have learned the basic division skills you need for this part of the assignment prior to entering college.
With this assignment, I will not be grading you on how much you spend or what you spend your money on. This assignment is an exercise to prepare you for creating a personal budget. I will focus on the calculations in determining grades:
(2) Total expenditures for the month should be calculated correctly. (10 points)
(3) Percent of total spent for each column should be calculated correctly. If it is not, you will lose 5 points per column. (12 points)
(4) Organization of chart – 6 points
Point value: 40
Monthly Expenditure Categories (Examples)
|· Homeowner’s insurance|
|· Association Fees|
|· Car payment|
|· Car Insurance|
|· Car Replacement|
|· Disability Insurance|
|· Health Insurance|
|· Doctor Bills|
|· Organizational Dues|
|· Life Insurance|
|· Child Care|
|· Personal Hygiene|
|· Credit Cards|
|· Other Loans|