1. The mother civilization of the Americas from which all other cultures, such as the Maya, Aztecs, and Inca, grew was known as the _______.
1. What are the three food items that make up the three sisters?
1. Why do the Maya and Aztec believe in human sacrafice?
1. Who is the Sapa Inca?
1. What does Sapa Inca mean?
1. Describe how the Sapa Inca is seen by his people.
Also discuss his power and list items that he has control over.
Why do you think he has control over some of these items?
1. Inca boys go through a ceremony when they are becoming men and receive something that will continually be replaced as they grow older. These items are called what?
1. Describe what life is like for people of the upper classes of the Inca empire. For example address items such as education, clothing, and animals.
What are the three groups in the highest level of Incan society?
1. Read the notes on Ethiopia – Cities of the Underworld. If you have access to You Tube you could watch Cities of the Underworld, Ethiopia, The Other Holy Land. It is a great video.
Then answer the following questions.
Why did King Lalibela build churches in Lalibela and make Ethiopia a second holy land?
What was unique about the churches?
What did the churches represent?
What do the people of Axum believe that King Solomon’s son brought to Axum and it is housed there in a church?
What did the Axomite royalty use to mark their grave sites?
What similarities do we see between the Axomite buriels and those in Egypt?
Why did the saints of Constantinople flee and build their church in Tigray Mountain?
1. List the 10 characteristics of African society. Then discuss African Art..
1. Please list 4 similarities between the culture of the Egyptians and the cultures of the Inca, Aztec, and Maya.
1. List 3 characteristics of Mosques.
1. Who is the prophet of Islam?
What is the holy book of Islam?
Where was the prophet born?
What is a Caliph?
What is a Caliphate?
1. What were/are the three religions in Africa and explain why each of them were/are there.
1. In a paragraph form please discuss the impact of Islamic Trade on Africa.