Select a topic from the following list on which you would like to conduct an in-depth investigation:
· Information systems infrastructure: evolution and trends
· Strategic importance of cloud computing in business organizations
· Big data and its business impacts
· Managerial issues of a networked organization
· Emerging enterprise network applications
· Mobile computing and its business implications
Note: The above topics are also the basis of the discussion questions. You may use up to three resources found by yourself or your peers as peers as resources for the paper.
Research paper basics:
· 10-12 pages in length
· APA formatted
· Minimum six (6) sources – at least two (2) from peer reviewed journals
· Include an abstract, introduction, and conclusion
· See rubric for more detailed grading criteria
Some good questions to ask yourself before turning in your research paper:
· Is the paper of optimal length?
· Is the paper well organized?
· Is the paper clear and concise?
· Is the title appropriate?
· Does the abstract summarize well?
· Are individual ideas assimilated well?
· Are wording, punctuation, etc. correct?
· Is the paper well motivated?
· Is interesting problem/issue addressed?
· Is knowledge of the area demonstrated?
· Have all key reference been cited?
· Are conclusions valid and appropriate?
Information Systems Infrastructure
The Agile Architecture Revolution: How Cloud Computing, REST-Based SOA, and Mobile Computing are Changing Enterprise IT, 2013, Jason Bloomberg, Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-118- 40977-0.
The Architecture of Computer Hardware and System Software: An Information Technology Approach, 5th edition, 2013, Irv Englander. Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-118-80310-3.
Building a Windows IT Infrastructure in the Cloud, 1st edition, 2012, David K. Rensin, O’Reilly Media, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-449-33358-4.
Business Data Communications and Networking, 11th edition, 2012. Jerry Fitzgerald. Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-118-08683-4.
Business Intelligence: A Managerial Perspective on Analytics, 3rd edition, 2014, Ramesh Sharda, Dursun Delen, Efraim Turban, and David King. Pearson Education, Inc., ISBN: 978-0-12-385126-0.
Cloud Computing: Theory and Practice, 2013, Dan C. Marinescu. Elsevier, Inc., ISBN: 978-0-12- 404627-6
Data Architecture, 2011, Charles Tupper, Elsevier, Inc., ISBN: 978-0-12-385126-0.
Green Communications: Principles, Concepts, and Practice, 2015, Konstantinos Samdanis, Peter Rost, Andreas Maeder (Editor), Michela Meo, and Christos Verikoukis (Editors). Wiley& Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-118-75926-4.
The Executive’s Guide to Information Technology, 2nd edition, 2007, John Baschab, and Jon Plot. Wiley & Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-0-470-09521-8.
Mobile Design and Development, 1st edition, 2009, Brian Fling. O’Reilly Media, Inc., ISBN: 978-0- 596-15544-5.