Module 4 – SLP
Using the template provided, complete the comprehensive SLP for MGT301. Since you have a series of different references lists for each assignment, you’ll need to combine them for this submission. NOTE: there are three sections that require updated content.
SLP4: The Management and Leadership Handbook
Narrative Overview of Managerial or Supervisory Experience (SLP1)
Module 1: Week 1 Discussion Post
Share at least two leadership characteristics that are appealing to you, and provide rationale or background as to why you believe these traits will be beneficial to you and your future employees.
On the flip side, share a supervisory nightmare you may have experienced or heard about. Make sure we understand why you deem it a negative experience for workers.
NEW CONTENT: Explain what you would have done differently as supervisor to make the environment more positive for your team. This should be one paragraph in length (or about 50 words) and must be substantive in nature.
Module 1: Week 2 Discussion Post
As a consumer, share an experience you may have had (or heard about) regarding how “bureaupathology,” excessive bureaucracy, got in the way of you receiving quality service at a company.
NEW CONTENT: Explain what should have been done differently in the company to provide a better consumer experience. This should be one paragraph in length (or about 50 words) and must be substantive in nature. Module 1 Case:: Planning Organizing Leading Controlling
Module 1 SLP: insert Management and Leadership Self-Assessment
Module 2 Discussion: Week 1 Discussion Post
Using the participant feedback result which compares your “Overall Leadership Effectiveness” to thousands of leaders worldwide and your Leadership Strengths, including a summary of “16 Differentiating Competencies,” share the high points of your results and any areas in which you would like to create a development plan for improvement.
NEW CONTENT: Share how your strength can be used to support managerial control, one of the four essential management concepts. This should be one paragraph in length (or about 50 words) and must be substantive in nature.
Module 2 Discussion: Week 2 Discussion Post
· Discuss the type of coaching you would like to receive in a new position. Explain why.
· Analyze your skills (using last week’s survey results) and your personality. Assess whether or not you would be a good coach.
Module 2 Case:
Strategic Planning Research
Using the class text and, predominately, articles from Trident Library’s full-text databases (like Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central) research the following:
· How to write, measure, and apply “SMART” objectives for business.
· How to apply “Balanced Scorecard” in the planning process.
· Incentives: research the type of incentives that work for helping employees meet objectives.
Module 2 SLP: Insert Professional Balanced Scorecard
Module 3 Case: Trends in Organizational Design
· Research top trends affecting modern organizational design
Workplace Application: Organizational Design
· Research efficient organizational design in your chosen industry
Module 3 SLP:
Insert MBTI-Style Personality Assessment
Module 4 Discussion: Week 1 Discussion Post
· Discuss the type of mentoring you would like to receive in a new marketing position. Explain why.
· Analyze your skills and personality. Assess whether or not you would be a good mentor.
Module 4 Discussion: Week 2 Discussion Post
· Looking at two characteristics of a successful change agent, analyze your skills and personality. Assess whether or not you would be good at promoting change.
Module 4 Case
Presentation Script (please make sure it is double-spaced)
Use the attached APA-formatted template ( MGT301 SLP4 ) to create your submission.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your submission will include:
· Trident University International’s cover page
· A paper with APA citations (2-3 sentence introduction, body, 2-3 sentence conclusion)
· The reference list page in APA format
The entire paper will vary in length based on what was previously submitted.