During this second module, we focus upon the concept of culture and all its components. After you have read the reading assignment and lectures for this module, please respond to all parts of the discussion by 7/6/18 8PM PST.
1. The sociologist, Robin Williams Jr., originally created a list of ten central values in American culture in 1970.
· How do you believe this list might be different if it were created today?
· Which values do you believe have changed since this list was originally made? Why?
· Please use examples to illustrate how these values have changed using the media, social policy, politics, or otherwise.
2. What are five symbols important to American culture? Are they important to you? How and why?
3. What problems arise from excessive ethnocentrism?
Write a 2-page paper in Word format using two separate references. The referred list mentioned can be used as one cited source. Apply APA standards to paper and citation of sources.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||16|
|Quality of responses to classmates||12|
|Frequency of responses to classmates||4|
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||4|
|Language and grammar||4|