Clase 3 tarea 1
To prepare for this assignment view the following brief video from the American Medical Association titled, “Health Literacy and Patient Safety: Help Patients Understand.” The video can be accessed through the following link:
Part I: Pamphlet
1. Develop a pamphlet to inform parents and caregivers about environmental factors that can affect the health of infants.
1. Use the “Pamphlet Template” document to help you create your pamphlet. Include the following:
1. Select an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants.
1. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
1. Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
1. Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. A minimum of three scholarly resources are required.
1. Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
1. In developing your pamphlet, take into consideration the healthcare literacy level of your target audience.
Part II: Pamphlet Sharing Experience
1. Share the pamphlet you have developed with a parent of an infant child. The parent may be a person from your neighborhood, a parent of an infant from a child-care center in your community, or a parent from another organization, such as a church group with which you have an affiliation.
1. Provide a written summary of the teaching / learning interaction. Include in your summary:
1. Demographical information of the parent and child (age, gender, ethnicity, educational level).
1. Description of parent response to teaching.
1. Assessment of parent understanding.
1. Your impressions of the experience; what went well, what can be improved.
Submit Part I and Part II of the Accident Prevention and Safety Promotion for Parents and Caregivers of Infants assignment by the end of Topic 1.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
1. Research is supportive of the rationale presented. Sources are distinctive. Addresses all of the issues stated in the assignment criteria.
1. All format elements are correct
1. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English
1. The product shows significant evidence of originality and inventiveness. The majority of the content and many of the ideas are fresh, original, inventive, and based upon logical conclusions and sound research.
1. The work is well presented and includes all required elements. The overall appearance is neat and professional
1. Pamphlet provides readers all the resources indicated by the assignment (community, national, and Web-based resources), including brief descriptions of resource and contact information. Quality of resources selected and the accompanying descriptions indicate thoughtful consideration.
1. Summary includes demographic information, description of parent response to teaching, assessment of parent understanding, and student’s impressions of teaching.
1. Pamphlet offers accurate examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research and is supported with detail and thoughtful insight
1. Recommendations offered on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants are accurate and supported with detail and thoughtful insight.
1. Explanation of how the selected environmental factor can potentially affect the health or safety of infants is accurate and supported with detail and thoughtful insight.