Top of Form
Due July 25 at 11:59 PM
Bottom of Form
Assignment 1: Study Critique
In preparation for the final prospectus and literature review, you will conduct an article review. Applied research can differ from traditional research in many ways, including the format of the final document. Unlike a traditional dissertation, applied research studies may take the form of a cost-benefit analysis, policy analysis, needs assessment, employee evaluation model, etc. Search the professional literature for an applied research study that differs in format from a traditional five-chapter dissertation. In addition, the following website might prove helpful in your search:
Find an applied research study (evaluation research, action research, or intervention research) in your respective discipline, complete an analysis of the study, and answer the following:
· What type of applied research study have you selected (e.g., program evaluation or policy analysis)?
· How does this study differ in format from a traditional dissertation? Answer with respect to the following:
· The question/purpose/problem to be solved
· The context of the study
· Identification of participants and their role in the applied research study
· The specific applied research (evaluation, action, intervention) method
· The specific qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods research techniques used
· The way data is analyzed
· Issues or questions that they might have around the findings
· What does the study contribute to your own research?
· What new learnings came from the analysis of the study?
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
· By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
· Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. Your responses should be substantive, meaning they should encourage further dialogue and discussion, encourage your classmates to think about other aspects of the topic, compare and/or contrast your response to your classmates’ responses, or ask a relevant question, to better assist you with your understanding.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||16|
|Quality of responses to classmates||12|
|Frequency of responses to classmates||4|
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||4|
|Language and grammar||4|
Top of Form