|Grading Guide for Research Article Analysis
COM/600 Version 3
University of Phoenix Material
Week 2: Grading Guide for Research Article Analysis
|Content (60%)||Points Earned: 59%|
|· All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. Major points are stated clearly and are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis.
· An outline of the main points discussed in each section of the article
· A summary of the article’s main points (1 to 2 paragraphs)
· An explanation of the type of information that is discussed in each section of the article (2 to 4 paragraphs)
· An explanation for why the article would or would not be considered a credible, reliable, and valid source (2 to 3 paragraphs)
· 525 to 700 words for the analysis
· The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
The article analysis assignment included all required elements. Nice work on this aspect of the assignment.
|Organization & Tone (20%)||Points Earned: 18%|
|· The tone is appropriate.
· The introduction provides a sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
· Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
· The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
I encourage you to more closely follow the format of the Sample Outline for future assignments. One area to consider for improvement relates to the detail in your outline. Consider using a more detailed outline for future work. You can do this by including more information about each section of the article. For example, make sure to have at least three bullet points for each major heading. Also, consider each subject change of the article as a major heading.
|Mechanics (20%)||Points Earned: 19%|
|· The paper—including tables, graphs, headings, title page, and reference page— is consistent with APA formatting guidelines and meets course-level requirements.
· Intellectual property is recognized with in-text citations and a reference page.
· Rules of spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
· Sentences are complete, clear, concise, and varied.
The mechanics of the paper look great
|Total Points Earned: 96%|
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2017 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.