|Grading Guide for Psychology Research Paper
COM/600 Version 3
University of Phoenix Material
Week 4: Grading Guide for Psychology Research Paper
|Content (60%)||Points Earned: 55%|
|· All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. Major points are stated clearly and are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis.
· Using your chosen topic from the Research Topic List and the outline created in Week 3, conduct research via the University Library by locating 2 to 4 scholarly articles on your chosen topic.
· Follow the steps in the “Writing Process” video.
· Write a research paper on your chosen topic by including evidence from the 2 to 4 scholarly articles located in the University Library.
· Refer to the outline created in Week 3 for main points and subpoints to include in the paper.
· 700 to 1,050 words
· The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Good job addressing all key elements. The paper goes from general ideas to specific conclusions. Transitions tie sections together.You draw strongly on research in your paper. Supportive Research is used to support your own thoughts and opinions. In-text citations are integrated with your own ideas. You did a great job with specific details and examples.
Word count was not met.
|Organization & Tone (20%)||Points Earned: 20%|
|· The tone is appropriate.
· The introduction provides a sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
· Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
· The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
The topic is introduced, and groundwork is laid as to the direction of the paper. Writing is crisp, clear, and succinct. The active voice is utilized when appropriate. Your introduction clearly indicates what the paper will be about and how you will approach the topic. You have a good conclusion in that you have reinforced your ideas by mentioning earlier points here, and you have used the present tense, which allows readers to join you in deliberating the matter.
|Mechanics (20%)||Points Earned: 20%|
|· The paper—including tables, graphs, headings, title page, and reference page— is consistent with APA formatting guidelines and meets course-level requirements.
· Intellectual property is recognized with in-text citations and a reference page.
· Rules of spelling, grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
· Sentences are complete, clear, concise, and varied.
Good job with APA formatting. Sentence clarity, grammar, and punctuation were on target. In-text citations and reference page were APA formatted.
|Total Points Earned: 95% ~ 9.5/10|
Copyright © XXXX by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2017 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.